Advanced Excel Skills are Highly Relevant in Business
An average Excel user can comfortably use spreadsheets to analyse information. An advanced Excel user is aware of the various tools and features available and can apply the right tools for the right task, instead of relying on their go-to tools and making them work for every situation. This makes them more efficient in their work, which ends up saving time and mistakes down the road.
The main problem with Excel is that although as a program it is reasonably robust, the spreadsheets that people create can be incredibly fragile. Once these fragile spreadsheets enter your departments circulation, they stay. No one has the time to revise them. Prevention is the optimum solution. All it takes is a tailored training for your team.
You’d Rather Start with a Standard Excel Training?
No problem! There is a handful of Excel features and functions I believe every user who works with Excel on a frequent basis should know of.
This would be our agenda:
- Top 10 tips that can save you time: From worksheet navigation tips to inspecting your documents for hidden information. Take what you like to become more efficient.
- Top 10 Excel formulas every Excel user analyzing data should know: Go beyond VLOOKUP to INDEX & MATCH and other useful functions for more complicated matrix look ups. They will help you make better reports. We will top it off with the most useful text and date formulas. With these functions you are fully equipped with the knowledge you need to handle any situation that requires you to analyze data.
- The benefits of Excel Tables
- Conditional formatting
- Name Manager and why it’s useful
- Choose between Pivot tables or Goal Seek