Your boss has presented you with what seems an impossible task.
Take this raw, delimited, text data…
…and turn it into this Filled Map chart.
What makes this seem impossible are the following:
- There are well over 200K rows of data in the source data
- The City and State information is in the same column
- The sales need to be aggregated by State
- Color shading of the states is based on “high-to-low” sales
- The boss needs the finished chart in 5 minutes
This is easily accomplished with Power Query and Excel Map charts.